November 17, 2018 – Saturday
Free Lunch ‘n Learn Dementia 101 – Reducing your Risk for Alzheimer’s and Dementia
Location: Memory Land Event Center
Address: 9335 Commerce Center St, Unit B-4, Highlands Ranch, CO 80129
Charter Financial Resources is hosting a Free Lunch ‘n Learn, “Dementia 101 – Reducing your Risk for Alzheimer’s and Dementia”. The event is being held at the Memory Land Event Center located in Highlands Ranch. The event features presenter, JJ Jordan of Dementia Friendly Denver. The program covers topics related to Alzheimer’s and dementia such as:
- What is the difference between dementia and Alzheimer’s disease?
- What are the most common types of dementia?
- What are the warning signs for dementia?
- Cognitive issues might not be dementia
- Dementia communication tips
- Caregiver challenges and self-care
- Resources available in Denver
- How we can make Denver more dementia friendly
- The latest hopeful research updates
- Things you can do right now to reduce dementia risk or delay onset
Dementia Friend Denver September 2018 eNewsletter
Welcome to the Fall, 2018 Dementia Friendly Denver newsletter! We plan to publish this collection of news about the work we are doing every six months with occasional special editions to highlight upcoming community events – READ MORE
Dementia Friendly Denver on 9News
Learn more about Dementia Friendly Denver with 9News and Colorado and Company. Watch the interview with JJ Jordan, Mark Koebrich and Denise Plante – June 2018
DFD offers free one hour Dementia 101
Reducing Your Risk presentations to business, government, academic and community groups
Click here for scheduling details
DFD is publishing its first newsletter!
Click here for the latest news